What can EUKLID DynaGeo do for you?
Here you find the answers to the following questions:
What is EUKLID DynaGeo?
EUKLID DynaGeo is a computer program about "dynamic geometry". It allows to construct dynamic drawings i.e. drawings in which (some) objects can be dragged with the mouse to a new position without losing the interdependencies of the geometrical objects established during the preceeding construction:
For example, if you have correctly constructed the circle through the three points of a triangle, then this circle will always run through these 3 points, no matter how you drag the edges of the triangle! The following picture shows an example of an EUKLID DynaGeo drawing:
- a perpendicular bisector will always stay a perpendicular bisector,
- a line segment joining the points A and B will always run from A to B
- a parallel line will always stay parallel,
With EUKLID DynaGeo you can...
- ...create all the standard geometric objects: points, lines, segments, circles, polygons,...
- ...use the nuilt-in standard constructions: perpendicular, bisector, perpendicular bisector, parallel line,...
- ...use the built-in standard mappings: reflection, translation, rotation, dilation,...
- ...measure distances and angle widths
- ...calculate and watch expressions
- ...colour the objects in your drawings
- ...print your drawings
- ...create picture files of your drawing (in WMF, EMF, BMP, JPG, PNG format) for use in any other programs
For the advanced users there are more interesting features:
- ...create trace lines, even dynamic ones!
- ...work with conics and affine mappings...
- ...create macros to shorten often used detail constructions
- ...animate your drawing to show transformations while they are working
- ...copy your drawing to the clipboard (in EMF and BMP format) and import these pictures in other documents
- ...use the extended analysis support: draw function graphs, tangent lines, integral areas, Riemann sums,...
- ...create worksheets that can prove if a student's solution is correct!
- ...export your drawings into really dynamic webpages: you can find some examples in the Gallery...
Have you become a bit curious? So why don't you go to the Download page?
You can test EUKLID DynaGeo for 6 weeks for free.
On which operating systems does EUKLID DynaGeo work?
EUKLID DynaGeo 3.6 is a 32-bit-Windows program and runs on every Windows-Version since Windows XP (included), i.e. Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows 7,.... You can also use the 64-bit-versions of the appropriate Windows variants.
Does EUKLID DynaGeo run in networks too?
Yes, it does! Namely for LANs from NOVELL and Windows, there are many schools that have made positive experiences with EUKLID DynaGeo. You can work with DynaGeo also in a Linux network, as long as one of the Windows versions mentioned above is running on the clients.
EUKLID DynaGeo is easy to install in networks because it does not need to write any entries to the registry or to add DLLs to your Windows system. Just install it on your server! Every client that should run the program only needs a link to the DynaGeo.exe on the server to start the EXE. That's enough!